Riyadh Urban Observatory Council:
The Supreme Commission for the Development of Riyadh shall perform the functions of the Observatory Council headed by His Royal Highness, President of the Supreme Authority and a membership of 14 members representing the government and private sectors, where the Observatory Council will assume the following tasks:
- Adoption of the periodic report of the Urban Observatory and Urban Indicators.
- Approving priority issues in the observatory's urban development.
- Approving mechanisms for developing strategies, policies, evaluation and follow-up.
- Take decisions about the work directions of the Urban Observatory.
The Executive Committee of the Urban Observatory of Riyadh:
The Executive Committee was formed on the basis of the link to the most important sources of information in the city and non-representatives in the Observatory Council, and it consists of 14 members, undertaking a number of tasks, the most important of which are:
- Adopting the programs of work of the Urban Observatory of Riyadh.
- Defining urban indicator packages that reflect the privacy of Riyadh, in addition to the minimum international urban indicators.
- Identify priority issues in development to serve as the direction of the observatory's work.
- Suggest practical steps and conduct studies to address problems that arise through the results of indicators.
Urban Observatory Center:
It consists of strategic partners in the Urban Observatory of Riyadh, and they are observatory liaison officers and they represent (60) entities in the city of Riyadh, they were divided into coordination work teams based on their sectors as follows:
- Environmental and Facilities Sector Team
- Services sector and security sector team
- Social Development Task Force
- Private sector team
- Civil Society Working Group
- Knowledge Society Work Team
- Women’s Team
Observatory technical units:
Through the technical units of the Observatory, a methodology for selecting urban monitoring indicators, analysis, review and audit mechanisms, testing of indicator groups, preparing reports, coordination and follow-up is developed, and it consists of the following units:
- Data collection and field surveys
- Data analysis and calculation of indicators
- Publishing and public relations